Coronation Street: 1960-1969 was a ten-disc DVD boxset featuring 80 Coronation Street episodes originally broadcast in the UK in the 1960s. Each disc contained eight episodes from a year between 1960 and 1969 (except for the 1960 disc which also included an episode from 1961 due to only seven episodes being shown in 1960).
The set was the third of five Coronation Street DVD boxsets released by Network DVD, each focusing on a specific decade. In its original release on 5th September 2006, the boxset was comprised of ten individual DVD cases inside an outer box. It was re-issued in a slimmer ten-disc case at a lower retail price on 5th September 2011.
From the back of the original release DVD box:
- Voted ITV's Greatest Programme in a national poll of ITV viewers in 2005, this collection of eighty episodes of CORONATION STREET spread across ten discs represents the cream of this acclaimed TV drama between 1960 and 1969.
- Specially selected by Coronation Street's official historian you can now relive the trials, tribulations, joy and jubilation as encountered by the folk of Manchester's Coronation Street in the UK's most compelling soap, that has become a national institution treasure and which will forever have a place in our hearts.
- Created by Tony Warren, this first decade of the nation's favourite soap proves why the programme is the UK's longest running serial and also why the programme has rightly been the winner of over forty accolates including the BAFTA award for Best Continuing Drama, multiple British Soap Awards, numerous National Television Awards, many TV Quick Awards amd various honours from the Writers' Guild of Great Britain.
There were several errors in the listings on the DVD menu and packaging for the transmission dates of the episodes included on the original release:
- Episode 317 (25th December 1963) was given as 25th October 1963.
- Episode 371 (8th July 1964) was given as 1st July 1964.
- Episode 389 (2nd September 1964) was given as 9th September 1964.
- Episode 390 (7th September 1964) was given as 14th September 1964.
- Episode 733 (25th December 1967) was given as 26th December 1967.