Coronation Street: The 1960s is a ten-disc DVD boxset featuring 80 Coronation Street episodes originally broadcast in the 1960s. It was the third of four boxsets released by Network DVD, each featuring episodes from a specific decade of the programme.
From the back of the DVD box:
- Voted ITV's Greatest Programme in a national poll of ITV viewers in 2005, this collection of eighty episodes of CORONATION STREET spread across ten discs represents the cream of this acclaimed TV drama between 1960 and 1969.
- Specially selected by Coronation Street's official historian you can now relive the trials, tribulations, joy and jubilation as encountered by the folk of Manchester's Coronation Street in the UK's most compelling soap, that has become a national institution treasure and which will forever have a place in our hearts.
- Created by Tony Warren, this first decade of the nation's favourite soap proves why the programme is the UK's longest running serial and also why the programme has rightly been the winner of over forty accolates including the BAFTA award for Best Continuing Drama, multiple British Soap Awards, numerous National Television Awards, many TV Quick Awards amd various honours from the Writers' Guild of Great Britain.
The boxset contains ten individual DVD cases, each containing one disc (one for each year). Due to the archive nature of the series, the episodes vary in picture and sound quality. The episodes include the original Granada idents and advert bumpers. There are no special features or subtitles.
- As only seven episodes were made in 1960 the set includes a special bonus episode from 1961 on the 1960 disc.
- There are several errors in the listings on the DVD menu and packaging for the transmission dates of the episodes on the discs:
- The eighth episode on the 1963 disc is incorrectly listed on the DVD packaging and menu as being transmitted on 25th October.
- The third episode on the 1964 disc is listed for a week before actual broadcast, and the fifth and sixth episodes are listed for a week after broadcast.
- The eighth episode on the 1967 disc is incorrectly listed on the DVD packaging and menu as being transmitted on 26th December.