|First appearance||3rd December 2007|
|Last appearance||14th November 2008|
|Number of appearances||108|
|Played by||Matthew Crompton|
Dan first arrived in Weatherfield in December 2007, along with his father Harry in order to take over the betting shop on Rosamund Street. Dan's first act of business was to track down Lloyd Mullaney who owed the previous bookie Stan a debt of £300. He found Lloyd but Lloyd denied his identity. Later in the Rovers Return Inn, Dan called over Lloyd by name and Lloyd answered. Dan told him of his debt and that he was serious about recovering it. Later, Dan began flirting with barmaid Michelle Connor, which put Michelle's boyfriend Steve McDonald's nose out of joint.
Dan also fancied his chances with a few of the locals. Mel Morton's colleague Abi Sharpe and Dan took an interest in each other they got back to his home where Dan's father made his appearance clear by having a load of mess out, making Abi even think that there had been a robbery. She decided to leave, mentioning that she has got to get up early for duty. Dan then lied to Harry about her occupation, saying that she is a nurse rather than a police officer.
Harry's interference in Dan's love life was a running theme as he ruined his chances of bedding Kelly Crabtree.
Relationship with Leanne BattersbyEdit
Dan then began to flirt Leanne Battersby, with an instant attraction. They began dating, and Dan suggested that she burn down Valandro's, her restaurant as a joke. This resulted in Leanne taking it seriously and manipulating Paul Clayton into burning it down for her. Dan was frustrated with Leanne because she made him pretend they were not together and punched him in the face, seeing him humiliated in public by Dan's unpredictable nature. This aside he gave her a false alibi to the police. However, Paul became jealous of his relationship with Leanne and decided to turn himself in, along with Dan and Leanne. Soon after, Dan and Leanne were arrested for questioning but soon released. They later discovered that they had escaped jail.
Feuding with Steve McDonaldEdit
On 4th June 2008, Norris Cole scratched Steve McDonald's car, Steve, outraged by this, blamed Dan for what happened. In retaliation, Steve stole Dan's mobile phone from his car. Steve refused to return it unless Dan paid the bill for Steve's car. Dan refused knowing it was not him who scratched the car. Steve and Dan had a fight in the Rovers Return during its closing times when Dan accidentally elbowed Steve in the eye whilst attempting to retrieve his phone. When Steve threw Dan's phone down the cellar, Steve locked Dan in the alcohol cellar over night. Dan seemed to be clutching his chest, he suffered from a ruptured spleen. A few days later, when Dan recovered he lied to the police about what Steve did to him, Steve was arrested. As a result of Steve's actions, Dan had to have his spleen removed. After a few days of Steve sweating, Harry convinced Dan to tell the truth.
Breakup with LeanneEdit
In September 2008, Dan discovered, to his dismay, that Harry was selling the business, shortly after he left the Street. Knowing that he could not afford to pay back the interest on a business loan, Leanne offered to give him the £10,000 that he needed as she and Janice had just won £25,000 in a lottery scam that Dan didn't know about. Dan delightfully accepted Leanne's offer. He eventually discovered this prior to Janice turning herself to the police and decided to break up with Leanne. This left her heartbroken. However, Dan soon moved on and began dating Kelly Crabtree.
- Before Dan's arrival, the media reported on the Masons because they were to be portrayed by actors that the viewing public were already quite familiar with. A source also stated that Dan would 'ruffle a few feathers' with residents.
- After Harry and Dan's first six months on-screen the actor's contract was extended by one year due to Dan's popularity with the viewing public.
"What's wrong with it?" (First line)
- ↑ http://www.itv.com/Soaps/coronationstreet/castandcharacters/mtop/DanMason/default.html
- ↑ Soaps - News - Former 'Bad Girls' actor joins Corrie - Digital Spy
- ↑ http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=243974&command=displayContent&sourceNode=196929&contentPK=20093292&folderPk=112383&pNodeId=181584&bustcache=
- ↑ Jack Ellis and Matthew Crompton to join Coronation Street
- ↑ Jack Ellis joins Corrie - Mirror.co.uk
- ↑ Coronation Street | New stars | Jack Ellis and Matthew Crompton join cast | The Sun |HomePage|Showbiz|TV
- ↑ Soaps - News - Corrie bookies sign new soap contracts - Digital Spy