Darren Johnson played five policeman roles in Coronation Street:
- PC Malcolm who warned Don Brennan about making too much noise when he evicted Nick Tilsley from No. 5 in September 1995.
- PC McMahon who informed Ken Barlow he had to appear as a witness for the prosecution at Deirdre Rachid's trial in March 1998.
- An unnamed Policeman who investigated Gary Mallett for burglary in June 1999 and the death of Sidney Templeton in November of the same year.
- PC Henshaw who between November 1999 and October 2000 was involved in several incidents involving Street residents including the Freshco's seige
- PC Robinson who arrested Roy Cropper for carrying an offensive weapon in June 2002 and investigated Blanche Hunt's mugging in December of the same year.
He has also appeared in Where the Heart is, Emmerdale and The Royal but his main forte is in pantomime, with parts over many years in productions written and directed by himself, mostly produced by his own company Pocket Panto. In regular theatre he has played roles in Marat Sade, Blood Wedding, Hamlet, Nash and the title role of Tony in the production of the improvised play Tony and Tina’s Wedding at The English Theatre in Frankfurt.