- Gazza Cartwright, who in November 1989 appeared as a friend of Kevin Webster and Mark Casey from the banger racing circuit
- Dog breeder Frank Worral, a potential purchaser of 6 Coronation Street when it was put on the market in September 1991
- Bailiff Gregg Allott who repossessed Doug Murray's Jaguar in November 1992
- Chris Jacobs, who appeared between July and September 2000 as Jez Quigley's henchman
- Buster, a biker friend of Dennis Stringer who organised a Biker's Tribute at Dennis's funeral in January 2002.
Born in Tipton in the West Midlands, he left school at the age of fifteen and worked as a wages clerk at the Beans Industries car parts factory from 1965 to 1966 and went on to serve in the army and police before pursuing a career in acting. Standing at 6ft 5", he was often cast as "larger-than-life" characters.
Diagnosed with Mesothelioma in May 2007, more than forty years after being exposed to asbestos at the factory, he passed away on 23rd June 2008, aged 58. A verdict of death by industrial disease was later recorded at Leeds Coroner's Court.
His credits include roles in The New Avengers, G.B.H, Band of Gold, Coogan's Run, The Governor, Ivanhoe, Wycliffe, The Bill, Queer as Folk, City Central, Heartbeat, New Tricks and The Visit, along with the films Muppet Treasure Island, Gladiator, Highlander: Endgame, Crush and Gangs of New York.