Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th August 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||24th August 1970|
|Next episode||31st August 1970|
Elsie gives Sandra a hard time over her nights out. Billy returns to start afresh in Weatherfield. Maggie wonders if she should see Les. Maggie suggests Billy ask Alan about buying his garage. Annie is pleased that Billy is making plans as she wants him to be ambitious. Bet takes Lucille and Sandra to a party, they meet Frank Bradley and Judd Johnson. Sandra lets Elsie think she's going to the pictures. Alan tells Billy he'll show him around his garage. Frank dances with Sandra and, taking an interest in her, invites her on a trip to London with him and Judd as they're doing a driving job. She says she's fed up at home and agrees to set off with them at 6am the next day.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Irene Barnes - Valerie Leigh
- Frank Bradley - Tommy Boyle
- Judd Johnson - Neil Kennedy
- Colin Dickenson - David Whitworth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Irene Barnes's flat
- Tommy Boyle makes one of several pre-Phil Jennings appearances as Frank Bradley.
- Harry, the man Irene Barnes finds to dance with Lucille Hewitt, isn't credited although he is a speaking character.
- First appearance of Billy Walker since 22nd January 1969.
- TV Times synopsis: A son of the Street turns up again. But why?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,550,000 homes (1st place).
|August 1970 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|