Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st August 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||26th August 1970|
|Next episode||2nd September 1970|
Elsie worries about Sandra when she's still out at 1.00 am. Maggie gets a telegram telling her that Les is in hospital critically ill. Sandra returns and tells Elsie she's going to London right away. Elsie tries to stop her but she leaves with Judd. Maggie goes to Birmingham to see Les. Bet takes over the shop while she's away. Elsie leaves a note for Alan saying she's gone to Saddleworth to break the news about Sandra to her mother. Alan asks too much for the garage from Billy but Billy finds another garage nearby. Alan tells Elsie what his career means to him. Billy asks Alan to work him for as a mechanic.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Canal Street, near the Canal Garage
- Final appearance of Patricia Fuller as Sandra Butler.
- TV Times synopsis: Billy Walker settles his future.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,250,000 homes (5th place).
|August 1970 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|