Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd September 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||31st August 1970|
|Next episode||7th September 1970|
Val thinks the Barlows need a car. Billy buys the Canal Garage. Tommy talks Stan into letting him lodge his greyhound Duke at No.13. Alan agrees to being Billy's mechanic and sends Elsie a telegram telling her he's got a job. She proudly reads it aloud in the Rovers but is embarrassed when she discovers he's working for Billy. Ken buys a mini for £150. Stan doesn't follow Tommy's feeding instructions for Duke.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Peter Barlow - Christopher Dormer
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room
- Canal Garage
- Dave Smith's Betting Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Annie gets good news - and makes the most of it.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,950,000 homes (1st place).
Ray Langton: " 'Give me a pint of beer...to fill me up with a good cheer...and hurry it up...I am dying to sup.' That's culture."
Bet Lynch: "Oh aye, and what rhymes with 'I'll have a gin as well?' "
Ray Langton: "That's easy - 'you can go to hell.' "
|September 1970 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|