|ITV transmission date||14th September 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||9th September 1970|
|Next episode||16th September 1970|
Elsie starts work selling for Charm Cosmetics. Annie is amused about Lucille’s trip to the Salvation Army. Ena inspects the Canal Garage. Lucille wants to become a helper at the Salvation Army to prove she can be of use to people. She goes back to the hall and speaks with Major Parrett. Ena tells Annie to take an interest in the garage for Billy's sake. Bet stands Irma up on a trip to the pictures to go out with Frank Bradley, lying to her that she’s got to help a friend. Annie is going to court on Wednesday to have the licence of the Rovers transferred to her name. The Salvation Army take Lucille on and give her difficult pensioner Arthur Noblett to look after. Having been tipped off by Ena, an angry Irma interrupts Frank and Bet in the flat.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Canal Garage
- Salvation Army Hall
- Tommy Boyle makes one of several pre-Phil Jennings appearances as Frank Bradley.
- Annie Walker makes a rare confession to her age when she states to Lucille Hewitt that she was seventeen at the time of the General Strike in 1926.
- On this day Ulster Television launched their full-colour service and this was therefore the first episode to be seen in colour in Northern Ireland.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet tells a lie and Lucille decides.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,800,000 homes (5th place).
|September 1970 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|