|ITV transmission date||16th September 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||14th September 1970|
|Next episode||21st September 1970|
Lucille goes to see Arthur Noblett and tries to help him in his house and with his shopping. He is not very grateful, angry that she bought his shopping at the Coronation Street Corner Shop rather than the cheaper Higgins's. Annie goes to court to see about transferring the licence for the Rovers to her name. Irma and Bet have a row over Bet entertaining Frank Bradley, a thief, in the flat which she and David shared and says that she doesn't know what it's like to lose a husband and a baby. Bet breaks down and tells Irma that she had a baby when she was sixteen and he was taken off her. The two make up. Annie comes back from the court with the news that she is the new landlady of the Rovers. Bet decides not to go on holiday with Irma after all but to stay behind with Frank.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- TV Times synopsis: Irma and Lucille find out more about other lives.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,750,000 homes (6th place).
|September 1970 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|