Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd September 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||21st September 1970|
|Next episode||28th September 1970|
Bet goes with Frank to Skipton. Billy wrecks a radio that he is trying to fix for Arthur Noblett as asked for by Lucille. Bet is worried about the age difference between her and Frank. Ray puts Annie's name up above the door. Billy gets Noblett a TV but he wants his radio. Bet and Frank go to Elm Cafe where Frank is known to the waitress, Judy Cookson. Bet is jealous as they seem to have a history together but Frank says he doesn't fancy her.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Frank Bradley - Tommy Boyle
- Arthur Noblett - Jack Woolgar
- Judy Cookson - Rosalind Ayres
- Boy Mechanic - Kevin Walker
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- Canal Garage
- Arthur Noblett's house
- Roads between Weatherfield and Skipton - Roads, derelict house, a petrol station, grassy field
- Elm Cafe - Interior and exterior
- Tommy Boyle makes one of several pre-Phil Jennings appearances as Frank Bradley.
- TV Times synopsis: A new name goes over the door of the Rovers.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,700,000 homes (4th place).
|September 1970 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|