Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th September 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||28th September 1970|
|Next episode||5th October 1970|
Hilda gets behind with the stock. Minnie is upset when Ena forgets her seventieth birthday. Bet is annoyed when Judd Johnson returns. Frank asks Billy for a job at the garage. Billy agrees to think about it. Hilda doesn't know where to order stock from. Bet is shocked when Frank drives her home in a stolen car. Albert reminds Ena and she buys Minnie a hotpot pot. Peter and Susan sing Happy Birthday to her. Hilda orders exclusive stock from Unifoods. The salesman is surprised when Hilda orders large quantities of specialised products.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Peter Barlow - Christopher Dormer
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid (Uncredited)
- Frank Bradley - Tommy Boyle
- Judd Johnson - Neil Kennedy (Credited as "Jud Johnson")
- Walter Gilfeather - Ronald Herdman
- Coronation Street exterior
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room
- Canal Garage
- Jackson's Chip Shop
- Streets in Weatherfield
- Tommy Boyle makes one of several pre-Phil Jennings appearances as Frank Bradley.
- TV Times synopsis: Minnie's birthday - no card from Ena.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,800,000 homes (7th place).
|September 1970 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|