|ITV transmission date||5th October 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||30th September 1970|
|Next episode||7th October 1970|
Hilda shows off her exotic wares that she's obtained for the Corner Shop. The salesman suggests she tries some free offers. Frank promises Bet he won't steal any more cars. Frank tells Judd Johnson he's got a project lined up. No one wants Hilda's fancy goods. Frank plans to steal a car, fix it with a false log book at the Canal Garage and sell it. He tells Bet he may give up the lorries. Billy tells Frank he can work on his car at the garage. Hilda realises she's ruining the business.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid (Uncredited)
- Frank Bradley - Tommy Boyle
- Judd Johnson - Neil Kennedy (Credited as "Jud Johnson")
- Walter Gilfeather - Ronald Herdman
- Corner Shop
- Corner Shop flat
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- Canal Garage
- Jackson's Chip Shop
- Terraced street in Weatherfield
- Tommy Boyle makes one of several pre-Phil Jennings appearances as Frank Bradley.
- On Thursday 1st October 1970 Anglia Television launched their full-colour service and this was therefore the first episode to be seen in colour in that region.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda has a new line in food - and trouble.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,250,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 1014).
|October 1970 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|