|ITV transmission date||7th October 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||5th October 1970|
|Next episode||12th October 1970|
Hilda doesn't have any basic food in the shop. Frank and Judd work on a stolen car in the Canal Garage. Billy realises they're ringing the car with false plates, log book and paint job. He throws them out. Ken advises Billy to go to the police but he refuses. Val tells Bet about the incident. Frank sells the car. Bet tells him the police are onto him and hides him in the flat. Hilda refuses to back down and let Betty take over the shop. She decides to hold a bargain sale. Billy agrees not to tell the police when Bet tells him she'll keep Frank straight.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- TV Times synopsis: Shopping can be a lot of bother - especially if you're "shopping" a friend.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,250,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 1013).
|October 1970 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|