Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th October 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||7th October 1970|
|Next episode||14th October 1970|
Hilda tells the dubious residents about the sale. Ken and Val argue about her tipping Bet off. Frank is annoyed that Bet is trying to make him go straight. Bet wants him to drop Judd but he refuses. Bet gets a flat for her and Frank. He tells her he doesn't want her changing his character and doesn't want to move in with her. He tells her she's hemming him in and finishes with her. Frenzied shoppers descend on Hilda's sale. She sells things at less than cost. Val tries to comfort a heartbroken Bet. Frank and Judd leave for London. Ken waits to hear news about a trip to America. Hilda is pleased with her efforts but Stan thinks they're about £20 down. Hilda thinks Irma will be pleased though at the sight of the near-empty shelves.
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Tommy Boyle makes one of several pre-Phil Jennings appearances as Frank Bradley.
- No synopsis appeared for this episode in TV Times. Instead the billing contained a profile of Tommy Boyle.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,300,000 homes (1st place).
|October 1970 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|