Irma lets Hilda clean the shop as a penance. Annie is annoyed when Billy and Lucille help the gypsies. Ellen Smith allows Lucille to visit their site. Val is annoyed that Ken is having a trip abroad without the family. Ray catches Reuben Ward looking for scrap in the yard and throws him out. Lucille asks Val for old children’s books to give to the gypsies. Val considers learning to drive whilst Ken is away. Stan hits it off with Reuben as they both wear the same shirt. Annie orders Lucille to have a bath after coming back from the encampment. Hilda cooks Stan and Reuben a meal not realising that Reuben is a gypsy. Minnie hides in Ena's flat with Bobby after Ray tells her that the gypsies will eat him. Ray discovers the scrap he has put aside for Tommy Deakin has been taken. Ken leaves for America. When Annie hears about the theft of the scrap, she forbids Lucille to go to the camp again. Lucille refuses to obey her order.
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Peter Barlow - Christopher Dormer
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- John Smith - Shane Connaughton
- Reuben Ward - James Donnelly
- Ellen Smith - Margaret Steed
- Flora Smith - Lynne Dunne
- Tommy Deakin - Paddy Joyce
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Fairclough and Langton - Yard
- This was June Howson's final episode as producer.
- TV Times synopsis: In which the street is divided over the gipsies.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,300,000 homes (1st place).
|October 1970 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|