Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th November 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||27th November 1961|
|Next episode||4th December 1961|
Ena settles herself into Minnie's and takes over although Minnie's mother Amy Carlton remains in her bed, well out of Ena's way. Jack stands up to Annie telling her he'll decide what alterations are needed. Ena gets Dennis to help her move out of the Vestry, paying him 1/-. Swindley worries as the shop heads towards bankruptcy. Elsie makes her peace with her family. Annie breaks down in the bar.
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- TV Times synopsis: Minnie Caldwell's mother retires to bed in the face of Minnie's unexpected visitor. While Minnie's household undergoes a state of siege, Dennis offers a helping hand to Ena Sharples, Miss Nugent makes a sacrifice for Mr. Swindley, and Annie comes to boiling point in the Rover's Return.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,491,000 homes (1st place). This was the highest-rated episode of the year.
|November 1961 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|