Billy gets Bill Sweeney’s terms to lend money to Irma to buy the Corner Shop outright. Says she’ll write to Maggie in Birmingham. Ena feels put out with Handel hanging around No.5. Minnie tells him that she’s disappointed when he tells her that his intentions are honourable. Irma decides she's definitely going to buy Maggie out with the borrowed money. Annie thinks Mark Howard is a nice young man and hopes Lucille will like him. Mark asks Lucille is she is free that night. While his room at the Rovers is decorated, Billy moves in with Minnie. Maggie suddenly returns, much to Irma's surprise. Mark tells Alan that Laura foretold his business affairs going badly. Handel is upset to hear Billy is Minnie's new lodger. Lucille agrees to go out with Mark to spite Ray. Elsie is worried that Mark is trying to lure Alan back to his mother. He tells her how much he hates his ex-wife. Ena tells a surprised Maggie that Irma is planning to buy her out.
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Maggie comes home and Billy finds a new home - temporarily.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (4th place).
|November 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|