Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th November 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||11th November 1970|
|Next episode||18th November 1970|
Alan tells Elsie that Mark overheard her and Len and found it embarrassing to be in the same house with them. Billy's room is finished. Betty tells Annie of the interest Billy has been showing in Irma. Billy reluctantly agrees to move back. Alan tells Elsie that she's not to let Len in the house when he's not there. Annie tells Irma to keep away from Billy. Elsie is furious at Mark's allegations and gets Len to tell Alan that nothing went on between them. Alan is angry when Elsie calls Mark a liar. Billy moves back to the Rovers. Irma tells Billy about Annie's warning and they decide to hatch a plot to teach Annie a lesson. Elsie confronts Mark. He denies everything but then tells her that he wants Alan to be happy, inferring that she isn't the one to do that. She walks out. Alan accuses Mark of being jealous of Elsie and tells him that he will not let him turn him against Elsie. Elsie tells Alan to do what he thinks is right. A chance remark from Irma gives Billy an idea and he tells Annie he can't finish with Irma, even if he wanted to, hinting that she is pregnant.
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- This episode, recorded on 6th November 1970, was the last episode of Coronation Street to be made in colour until Episode 1052 (15th February 1971). This was due to the ITV Colour Strike which began on Friday 13th November and which meant that both the recording and transmission of programmes was only in black and white for the duration of the dispute. For this reason, this episode was transmitted in black and white.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Alan faces the truth about Mark
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,650,000 homes (7th place).
|November 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|