Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd November 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||18th November 1970|
|Next episode||25th November 1970|
Stan can't understand why Annie has cancelled their tea. Hilda is suspicious about Annie’s motives in inviting him and tries to find out what went on. Ray agrees to teach Val to drive. Irma winds up Hilda by saying that Stan is obviously keeping the truth from her. Ray gives Val her first driving lesson. Hilda thinks Annie wanted to warn Stan from being amorous with Betty. Bet tells her the truth, having heard it herself from Betty. Elsie and Emily worry about Val's reputation. Gregg Flint and Gary Strauss turn up, telling a delighted Elsie that they're on leave. Elsie tells them that Joe is at Minnie’s. Hilda and Stan are upset that people think they're a joke. Elsie tries to warn Ray off Val but he refuses to listen. Gregg and Gary turn up at No. 5 to find out Joe has deserted from the US Army and tell him they're taking him back.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Joe Donelli - Shane Rimmer
- Gregg Flint - Bill Nagy (Credited as "Greg Flint")
- Gary Strauss - Callen Angelo
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Although ITV had begun full-colour transmissions on 15th November 1969, the ITV Colour Strike which began on 13th November 1970 caused this episode to be recorded in black and white.
- TV Times synopsis: Ray gives Val driving lessons - and the gossips move into top gear.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,550,000 homes (6th place).
|November 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|