|ITV transmission date||25th November 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||23rd November 1970|
|Next episode||30th November 1970|
Joe Donelli refuses to return to the Army. Bet moves the last of her stuff into her new flat at 44 Victoria Street. She packs up the Laundryer and throws herself at Gary Strauss. He doesn't refuse. Greg Flint tells Elsie he's lonely. She tells him that Dot Greenhalgh is back with Walter but doesn't mention the break-up of their friendship. Val realises she's a hopeless driver. Elsie gets Greg to pretend he's interested in herbs and introduces him to Maggie. The Ogdens entertain Irma and Joe. Stan goes on about the Yanks and the War. Irma and Joe manage to make their escape. Ken rings Val from the USA but she misses the call as she’s out. Greg demands to know when Joe is going back to the army but he refuses to answer.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room, hallway and kitchen
- Although ITV had begun full-colour transmissions on 15th November 1969, the ITV Colour Strike which began on 13th November 1970 caused this episode to be recorded in black and white.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie turns matchmaker, the Ogdens entertain and Joe keeps his secret from the Street.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,800,000 homes (4th place).
|November 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|