Dr. Graham tells Jack that Annie is suffering from mild nervous exhaustion. She is put on pills. The Cheveskis hear that someone has cancelled a passage and they can leave before Christmas. The bank refuses Swindley an overdraft. Christine helps out behind the bar. Linda can't bring herself to tell Elsie they're leaving next week but Jack lets it slip.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- TV Times synopsis: Mr. Swindley runs into difficulties, and "Credit with Respectability" meets with hard times. The Cheveskis prepare to emigrate. Annie Walker takes to her bed.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,385,000 homes (1st place).
|December 1961 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|