|ITV transmission date||30th November 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||25th November 1970|
|Next episode||2nd December 1970|
Lucille is pleased to see Gary Strauss. Bet warns her off. Ken phones Val and tells her that he's had a letter warning him about Ray and her. Annie decides to take on a hostess' role in the pub and leave the work to her employees. Ernie tells Emily the Mission people are talking about her working in the Rovers. Emily tells Annie she won't work the bar anymore. Irma is frightened when Joe comes on strong. Annie feels that she'll have to run the pub on her own with Billy. He is against the idea. A drunken Joe tells a scared Irma how he killed Steve Tanner.
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Joe Donelli - Shane Rimmer (Credited as "Joe Donnelli")
- Gregg Flint - Bill Nagy
- Gary Strauss - Callen Angelo
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- First appearance of Ernest Bishop since 13th May 1970.
- Although ITV had begun full-colour transmissions on 15th November 1969, the ITV Colour Strike which began on 13th November 1970 caused this episode to be recorded in black and white.
- TV Times synopsis: A night out for Joe, Greg and Gary and Irma learns there is a real skeleton in Joe's cupboard.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
Annie Walker: "A public house isn't just somewhere that serves beer. It's a focal point of the community in which we live."
|November 1970 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|