Joe lets himself into Irma's flat, locking it behind him. She is terrified. Greg and Gary tell Maggie that they think Irma is in danger. Gary rings Major Ryan. Maggie tells the regulars about Joe's confession whilst Gregg breaks the news to Elsie. The residents don't know what to do about Irma. Ena suggests they throw a welcome home party for Ken, inviting Irma and Joe. The residents persuade Joe and Irma to come to the party in the Rovers. The police and US Army M.P's rush to the Street. Joe escapes through the toilet window when he realises the Ogdens know nothing about a party supposedly being long organised and realises it's a set-up. Joe takes refuge with Minnie and his gun in No.5.
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Greg Flint - Bill Nagy
- Gary Strauss - Callen Angelo
- Joe Donelli - Shane Rimmer (Credited as "Joe Donnelli")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and yard
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Unnamed streets in Weatherfield
- Although ITV had begun full-colour transmissions on 15th November 1969, the ITV Colour Strike which began on 13th November 1970 caused this episode to be recorded in black and white.
- Callen Angelo's character of Gary Strauss is credited incorrectly at the end of the episode showing the character as having played the actor!
- TV Times synopsis: Irma finds herself in jeopardy, and the Street wades in to the rescue.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|December 1970 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|