In Jubilee Terrace, Ena has had enough of Minnie's cat, Bobby. Ken starts work at Bessie Street School. Albert moves into the Mission and finds the work hard. Ken makes Stanley Fairclough go outside school in the snow, with his bad chest and annoys father Len in doing so. Dennis tries to bring Elsie out of herself. Minnie secretly helps Albert at the Mission. Jack agrees to the alterations at the Rovers.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Peter Noone (Stanley Fairclough) later became world famous as the lead singer of the 1960s pop group Herman's Hermits. His appearance in this episode is notable for being the final credited appearance of a guest cast member throughout the term of the Equity actors' strike. The next time anyone other than a member of the regular cast was credited in the programme was in Episode 145 (2nd May 1962) when another child actor, Jimmy Ogden, played Billy Makin.
- TV Times synopsis: Kenneth starts a new job nearer to his heart, but begins again with a misunderstanding. Annie and Jack reach a compromise over a new look for the Rover's, but Minnie goes off on a mysterious mission.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,279,000 homes (1st place).
Harry Hewitt: "There's only one place for a married woman - an' that's in the 'ome. They can't go out to work and look after a family."
|December 1961 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|