Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd March 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||1st March 1971|
|Next episode||8th March 1971|
Billy returns the car to the Town Hall. Edith Tatlock doesn't think Ken should take Peter and Susan away to Jamaica. Ernie has to look after his sister's shop in Barrow-in-Furness for a few weeks and asks Emily to look after the Camera Shop. Ken and Edith argue over his plans but he tells them he’s determined to give the twins a fresh start. Tom Hedley demands action over his car as the Rolls was parked two feet out from the kerb and he doesn’t want to get the police involved. Ken gets a letter telling him his job at Granston Technical College is still open. Billy tells Hedley they'll repair his car for nothing. Alan makes Ken realise he's going to be lonely and unhappy in Jamaica. Ernie awkwardly gives Emily his mother's dress ring to act as a bond between them. Emily is touched. Ray and Len make a toy fort for the twins as a replacement for their lost toys. Touched by his neighbours’ generosity, Ken decides not to go to Jamaica. Len tells Billy he's been had - Hedley's insurance had run out. Annoyed by Fred Chapman and the rough builders, the residents plan a demo against the warehouse. Fred promises a good punch-up if they do.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, landing and Emily's bedroom
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Canal Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Ken settles his future; Billy and Alan "settle out of court."
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,150,000 homes (3rd place).
|March 1971 episodes|
| Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th|
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st