Lucille is accused of riot in the Weatherfield Gazette although many residents are angry about her injury. As the builders dumped bricks on Lucille's foot, Maggie refuses to serve them in the Corner Shop. Edith worries that Ken won’t spoil the children enough. Geoffrey Hunter, PR man for the Mark Brittain Warehouse, turns up and tries to win the residents over. He shows Annie and Lucille a model of the warehouse and starts to bring the others over, one by one, with promises of jobs and business. Irma tells Ray she has given the shelves job to a joiner in Palmerston Street as he was £2 cheaper. Mr Hunter points out the employment opportunities that the warehouse will bring and the benefits of the community centre. Ken is worried that the neighbours are spoiling the twins and thinks Maggie’s idea about getting someone in is a good one. Len tells Ray that all jobs have to go through the books, even ones for friends and neighbours. Ken reminds Emily that Ena is returning tomorrow and she will help sort out the warehouse protests. Betty tells Maggie that she's set her heart on looking after the twins.
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Bed/sitting room
- This was Leslie Duxbury's last episode as producer in his first stint in the role.
- TV Times synopsis: Public relations in the Street - and strained relations at the Barlows.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (5th place).
|March 1971 episodes|
| Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th|
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st