|ITV transmission date||22nd March 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||17th March 1971|
|Next episode||24th March 1971|
Margaret Lacey is sharp with Ena when she points out that the children should be wearing mufflers in the cold. Hilda and Irma also dislike her but Elsie thinks they should give her a chance as none of them like anyone taking Val’s place. Billy gives Annie his blessing to her going out with Harold Dewhurst. Elsie kids on to Hilda that Harold is an inspector at Stan’s bakery, causing her to panic over a load of bashed-up cream cakes that he’s taken from work. Harold calls on Annie again and they agree to go out once more. Stan can’t sell the cakes so he gives them to Minnie. Albert isn’t happy about Margaret looking after the twins and is further is put out when she makes it clear she doesn't want him around the children when she's trying to settle them down. Annie discovers from Len that Harold has a reputation as a womaniser having had two women living with him since he was widowed. Billy tells Annie to ignore the gossip and give Harold a chance. Lucille meets Margaret and is worried by the encounter. Annie goes to the Pack Horse restaurant for a meal with Harold. Ena hears from Irma where Stan got the cakes from and makes Minnie return them, telling Hilda that Stan is a thief. They row in the Rovers. Lucille tells Elsie that she’s worried about why she thinks she’s met Margaret before. Annie agrees to another date with Harold.
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Peter Barlow - Christopher Dormer
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Pack Horse restaurant
- Violet Carson stumbles over one of her lines and addresses Hilda Ogden as Minnie Caldwell before correcting herself.
- TV Times synopsis: A dinner date for Annie - but should she keep it?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,000,000 homes (6th place).
|March 1971 episodes|
| Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th|
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st