|ITV transmission date||24th March 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||22nd March 1971|
|Next episode||29th March 1971|
Lucille is convinced she's seen Margaret before but can’t remember where. Margaret tells Ken the twins can be too boisterous. He gives her permission to discipline the twins if she needs to. Albert still isn’t happy about Margaret. Ken tells Lucille not to be a stranger with the twins but to call round when she likes. After defending Harold Dewhurst to Ena, Annie discovers that he and Elsie are 'old friends' when the two of them drink in the pub together. The atmosphere becomes frosty and Annie and Elsie argue when Annie makes catty comments. Lucille calls on the twins and discovers that Margaret has locked them in their room for being naughty. Harold convinces Annie that nothing has been going on between him and Elsie and asks her to go on a cruise with him in two weeks round the Mediterranean. Pleased, she promises to think about it. Lucille suddenly remembers that Margaret locked her in a coal shed for half a day at the orphanage when they were both there ten years before and she was one of the reasons she ran away.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- In an attempt to reduce the tension of the studio recording, the Floor Manager sounds a dinner gong when announcing the name of the production for the second part of the episode!
- TV Times synopsis: In which Lucille tries to place a face.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,450,000 homes (4th place).
|March 1971 episodes|
| Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th|
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st