Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th March 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||24th March 1971|
|Next episode||31st March 1971|
Elsie advises Lucille not to say anything to Ken but she is worried about Peter and Susan. Hilda overhears Billy asking Lucille to put a bet on the horses for him, saying it's a sure thing. Hilda passes the tip onto Stan and also puts money on it herself. Alan thinks Margaret Lacey is rough with the twins when she calls at the garage. News about Stan's "sure thing" spreads, with Bet, Len and Alan putting money down. Annie turns the cruise down, citing her commitment to the Rovers. Harold asks Billy to have a word with her. Stan buys an old motor bike from Billy for £5. Margaret recognises Lucille and asks her not to tell Ken about her past. She's sorry for how she acted at the orphanage but says she wasn't much more than a child herself. Annie admits to Billy that she turned the cruise down as she doesn't want to spend so much money on something frivolous. Billy convinces her to go. Harold passes on Stan's tip to Billy. Billy realises Hilda has been eavesdropping. He is amused when the horses don't come in and Lucille tells him she forgot to place the bet for him. Peter and Susan's teacher, Mrs Fielding, calls on Ken.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Peter Barlow - Christopher Dormer
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, hallway/stairs, back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back rooms, hallway/stairs
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Canal Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Annie hesitates over an invitation - and Lucille wonders whether to see Ken.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,300,000 homes (7th place).
|March 1971 episodes|
| Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th|
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st