Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st March 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||29th March 1971|
|Next episode||5th April 1971|
Len gives Ken some books for the twins from the centre. Mrs Fielding tells Ken that Peter and Susan have become unruly at school and have become hard. He attributes it to Val's death but she says this is more recent. Billy announces Annie's planned cruise. Hilda reminds Annie that she's only going because Jack is dead. Hilda hears about Stan buying a vehicle from Billy and assumes he's bought a car. She's thrilled. Margaret finds one of the books has been scribbled on and goes to discipline the twins. Ken goes to Elsie, Alan and Len for advice. The three of them end up arguing over their failures as parents. Billy buys the bike back for £7 as Stan can't shift it. Lucille tells Margaret she's telling Ken about their time in the orphanage but Margaret begs for a second chance. She tells Lucille she's exaggerated everything in her head. Len apologises to Ken for one of the books being scribbled on. Alan meets with a mysterious woman, Barbara Bromley, who gets in his car.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Harold Dewhurst - Stuart Saunders
- Margaret Lacey - Josie Kidd
- Mrs Fielding - Georgine Anderson
- Barbara Bromley - Jane Lowe
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back rooms, hallway/stairs
- 11 Coronation Street - Back rooms
- Canal Garage
- TV Times synopsis: At set-back at the Barlows' - and Stan's motorbike plan backfires.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,200,000 homes (3rd place).
|March 1971 episodes|
| Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th|
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st