|ITV transmission date||14th April 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||12th April 1971|
|Next episode||19th April 1971|
Irma tells Ray to own up but he's worried about the police. Emily does the shop's accounts and discovers Maggie and Irma owe £132.30. Ray offers Stan his old job back at the Builder's Yard. He takes it but Hilda discovers it'll mean a 20% cut in wages. Emily shows a bickering Ena and Minnie a slideshow of Ernie's trip to Spain. Irma tells Hilda that Ray drove the van away. When Hilda breaks the news to him, Stan is furious and threatens violence.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson (Credited as "Ena Shaples")
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- TV Times synopsis: A day of reckoning at the corner shop - and for Stan Ogden.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,750,000 homes (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|April 1971 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|