|ITV transmission date||18th December 1961 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||13th December 1961|
|Next episode||20th December 1961|
The Hewitts prepare a house-warming party. Elsie misses Bill now he's in London. Concepta invites Minnie and Martha to the party via Ena, but Ena refuses to convey the message as she isn't speaking to them. Harry rows with Concepta over her wish to return to the Rovers permanently. Minnie and Martha are fetched to the party to join Ena, Len, Albert, Elsie, Florrie, Dennis and Annie. The Hewitts put on a brave face to cover their row.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 7 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- 15 Jubilee Terrace - Back room
- This episode carries no cast credits, only production crew.
- Annie Walker gives the date the Walkers moved into the Rovers as 14th January 1936, but this was later changed as she celebrated 40 years at the pub in Episode 1749 (19th October 1977).
- TV Times synopsis: Ena sends her cronies to Coventry. Harry & Concepta have a disagreement on the eve of throwing a house-warming party but stifle their feelings to meet their guests. The whole street arrives, but the party fails to warm up, although two forgotten guests get a late invitation.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,059,000 homes (1st place).
|December 1961 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|