Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th April 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||14th April 1971|
|Next episode||21st April 1971|
While Ray is in the yard, Stan, looking for him and screaming blue murder, bursts into the Rovers yelling threats. Minnie tells him she last saw him on Mawdsley Street. He sets off to find him. Hilda convinces Billy of the seriousness of the situation and he sets off to warn Ray. Teacher Olive Rowe has designs on Ken. Billy gets to the yard before Stan but Ray is safe at the Camera Shop putting up shelves. Stan realises Ray has to be in the Rovers at some time and returns there to wait. Billy warns Stan to behave and decides to shut the pub to avoid trouble. Before he can do so, Ray arrives and escapes into the ladies, locking the door behind him before Stan can get at him. Stan lays in wait outside the door. Olive is put out to hear that Bet looks after Ken’s children. Elsie suggests that the police are called as Stan continues to bang on the toilet door. In her panic, Hilda upsets Minnie. Annie returns from a few hours out to find the Rovers in chaos. Ken has a telephone installed at No.3 and Olive is the first to call him. Annie orders Stan out but he refuses. Stan breaks down the ladies' door but Ray escapes through the window. Emily is in trouble when she sends the wrong details into the Gazette with an accompanying wedding photograph and the bride’s mother, Mrs Waldron, threatens legal action. Stan traps Ray in the Yard office but he has sprained his wrist getting out of the pub. He asks Stan if he would hit a man who is injured…
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Builder's Yard and office
- Camera Shop
- Granston Technical College - Staff room
- Four years before making his debut as Fred Gee, actor Fred Feast is an extra in scenes in the Rovers.
- Elsie Howard states that this is the day on which the 1971 census was taking place but the official date that year was 25th April.
- TV Times synopsis: Oh, Stan, what can the matter be. Ray Langton's locked in the…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,700,000 homes (1st place).
|April 1971 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|