Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st April 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||19th April 1971|
|Next episode||26th April 1971|
Emily stresses over Mrs Waldron’s threats. Olive Rowe rings Ken again and offers to pick him up in her car for work. Stan has told Hilda that he let Ray off because of his arm. Betty tells her that Ray cannot be found anywhere and Hilda starts to fear the worse. Annie bars Stan from the Rovers for life. Hilda looks in the yard for Ray. Olive collects Ken. Annie is coy about questions over her cruise. Hilda buys Minnie a drink by way of an apology. Ernie returns and hears Mrs Waldron’s complaint. The Gazette editor also rings Ernie to complain. Ernie is forced to pay out for a wedding dress and free pictures over the photo mix-up. Ray backs up Stan’s story that he didn’t hit him. Annie insists the door is fixed free of charge and Ray has no option but to ask Stan to do it and pay him an extra £3 a week salary. Hilda is pleased to find that Ray is fine. He drops Stan in it by telling her about the wage rise. Ken offers to introduce Olive to the twins. Emily offers to pay for the wedding dress herself but Ernie refuses. Emily worries that her feelings for Ernie are affecting her work performance. Annie has to lift the ban on Stan when he repairs the ladies' door. Stan pushes his luck with Ray. Betty and Billy wonder what actually happened on Annie's cruise.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Builder's Yard and office
- Camera Shop
- Four years before making his debut as Fred Gee, actor Fred Feast is an extra in scenes in the Rovers.
- TV Times synopsis: Stan Ogden "strikes" again.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,800,000 homes (8th place).
|April 1971 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|