Edith tells Bet she's no longer required at No.3, annoying Ken who wanted her told in a diplomatic way. Elsie tells Alan about the call from the warehouse and her intention to tell them to stick their job. Stella Randell gives Len three tickets to the opening night of the Carousel Club. Alan is puzzled how Maggie knows that Dennis Maxwell is now the personnel manager at the warehouse. Ken asks Edith what her plans are and she admits she doesn’t know. Len and Edith talk Ken into going to the opening night of the Carousel. Maxwell offers Elsie the job back. She says she’ll think about it. The three men go to the nightclub. Elsie takes the job. Ken gets drunk and aggressive at the club, having a go at Len and Ray for thinking that he could easily forget Val. Ken has to be taken home by barmaid Candy Brown only to be greeted by a shocked Edith as he slumps to the floor.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Candy Brown - Gwendolyn Watts
- Mrs Tatlock - Clare Kelly
- Stella Randell - Pearl Catlin
- Dennis Maxwell - William Lucas
- Susie Proctor - Jill Pearson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Dennis Maxwell and Susie Proctor's offices
- Carousel Club
- TV Times synopsis: Ken visits a night club with Len and Ray - and "goes to town."
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,600,000 homes (6th place).
|May 1971 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|