|ITV transmission date||27th December 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||18th December 1961|
|Next episode||25th December 1961|
Dennis gets together a costume for the Orinoco Club's Gala fancy dress competition. Ena makes her peace with Minnie and Martha. Concepta is thrilled when Harry buys a new bedroom suite. Dennis shows off his Charles II costume, made out of the residents' cast-offs.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 7 Coronation Street - Back room and front bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- 15 Jubilee Terrace - Back room
- Betty Alberge (Florrie Lindley) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Coronation Street prepares for Christmas. Harry tries to give Concepta a surprise and is surprised in turn by her reaction. Dennis gets dressed up for a big night out and Elsie gets an even bigger surprise.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,946,000 homes (2nd place).
|December 1961 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|