Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th June 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||23rd June 1971|
|Next episode||30th June 1971|
Arrangements are taking place for the flower show and the residents suggest ideas to make the street look good in comparison to their rivals in Victoria Street. Dennis Maxwell tells Elsie his proposition was genuine but she refuses to take him seriously. Lorna refuses an invite from Billy to go out as she’s going out with friends. Albert looks at the Victoria Street vegetable allotments and worries that they’ll beat the Coronation Street residents. Alf tells Ena that the parks department is sending someone to assist set up the flower show. Albert is put out that he wasn’t asked. Maxwell asks Elsie if the street is really what she wants for the rest of her life but she is perturbed when a girl is sacked and prosecuted for trying to steal goods. She firmly refuses Maxwell’s offer. George Greenwood, Assistant parks superintendent comes to assist Ena. He hints that he knows someone on the street. Annie recognises Greenwood and tells Betty of his past interest in Hilda. Len and Ray get Alf to agree to them making the stalls for the show and Annie and Maggie battle for the refreshments concession. Maxwell tells Elsie to forget his proposition. Maxwell and Elsie hear from Peter Bromley that Marcus Berlin is visiting the factory to see Maxwell. He thinks Elsie has dropped him in. Annie hopes that romance is blossoming between Lorna and Billy but Lorna tells a shocked Annie that she is getting engaged to somebody who is coming home from Zambia.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Dennis Maxwell - William Lucas
- Lorna Shawcross - Luan Peters
- George Greenwood - Arthur Pentelow
- Peter Bromley - Jonathan Adams
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- Community Centre flat
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Checking room and supervisor’s office, loading bay and canteen
- TV Times synopsis: Billy and Lorna declare their intentions.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,900,000 homes (1st place).
|June 1971 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|