Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th June 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||28th June 1971|
|Next episode||5th July 1971|
Lorna wears her engagement ring round her neck. She tells Annie they’re not telling anyone until her parents have met her fiancé. Elsie refuses to talk to Maxwell. Lorna refuses the offer of a night out with Billy. Annie tells Billy not to be so hasty in his approach to Lorna. Albert puts himself forward as a judge for the flower show but Alf takes no notice. Ray and Len get to hear about Hilda and George Greenwood. They can’t wait for Hilda to see George again in the Rovers but Annie keeps Hilda cleaning in the back room. George agrees to be a judge at the flower show and leaves the pub to everyone’s disappointment. Maxwell tells Elsie how disappointed he is with her for shopping her although she denies it. Billy shows a torn Annie a brooch he has bought for Lorna. Betty tells Hilda that Ena wants a part-time cleaner for the centre. Marcus Berlin arrives at the Mark Brittain Warehouse and the head personnel are invited for drinks to meet him. Berlin announces that Dennis Maxwell is promoted to head the services division. Annie tells Billy that Lorna is engaged. Devastated, he doesn’t believe her. Billy asks Lorna if it’s true. Lorna is annoyed that Annie broke a confidence and leaves. Maxwell says goodbye to Elsie and tells her Alan is a loser. She tells him he’s nothing but a crook. Hilda brings Ena a hotpot as a bribe for the assistant cleaner's job and comes face to face with George Greenwood.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Edna Gee - Mavis Rogerson
- Dennis Maxwell - William Lucas
- Lorna Shawcross - Luan Peters
- George Greenwood - Arthur Pentelow
- Peter Bromley - Jonathan Adams
- Marion Mason - Joy Stewart
- Marcus Berlin - Stanley Lebor
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Community Centre flat
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Checking room and supervisor’s office, ladies toilets and management dining room
- Last appearance of Ivy Tilsley until 8th November 1971.
- TV Times synopsis: To tell, or not to tell. That's the question for Annie and Elsie.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,200,000 homes (4th place).
|June 1971 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|