Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||19th July 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||14th July 1971|
|Next episode||21st July 1971|
Ken isn’t pleased when Irma and Lucille make fun of the way he stood up to Albert. Beattie Pearson calls on Albert who tells her Ken insulted him but she isn’t interested. Emily mopes over her split with Ernie. Hilda is late for work and tells Betty she’s been lazing in the bath. She discovers Betty has had a shower installed. Ernie looks for Emily but finds out she’s avoiding everyone. He shows Betty an engagement ring that he’s just bought that he wants to give her. Hilda tells Stan she wants a shower bath fitted. Albert wonders why Beattie has stayed all morning and she confesses it’s because she’s worried about Norman who is going out a lot in the evening. Elsie and Alan row over her cooking on a budget. She refuses his request for luxuries like sweetcorn. Ernie asks Emily to call on him but she refuses. Elsie gives Irma her food order and tells her about Alan’s request. Albert scorns Beattie’s fears that Norman’s got another woman. Ken asks Ernie to join the band but he refuses. Irma brings the order round which includes four tins of sweetcorn. She chats for a long time with Alan. Emily calls on Ernie at his request. They row and she returns Ernie's dress ring, walking out before he can give her the engagement ring.
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street- Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: In which Ernest attempts to break Emily's 'angry silence'.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,450,000 homes (1st place).
|July 1971 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|