|ITV transmission date||2nd August 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||28th July 1971|
|Next episode||4th August 1971|
Emily and Ernie decide they're going to get married. Annie breaks open the sherry to toast them. Ena is told she has to be careful not to overstep the line at the Community Centre. She says she wants a job description. The Ogdens have a colour television delivered. Ernie discovers he has lost the engagement ring.
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre - Office
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Questions popped at the Centre.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,100,000 homes (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
Ena Sharples: "I don't expect life to be easy. I'd think very little of it if it was."
|August 1971 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|