Ernie looks for the ring but only confides in Annie as he doesn't want word to get back to Emily. Alf slims for cancer research and asks the residents to sponsor him. Hilda is thrilled with her colour TV and feels she's the envy of the Street. Alf, Len and Ena hold a meeting to establish what is expected of Ena at the centre. Ena runs rings round the councillors as they are unprepared and don't even know what her hours are. Annie is furious to find out Emily is planning to hold her engagement party at the centre and decides not to attend. When Hilda shows off her colour TV to Ernie, he wonders if Stan sold the ring to pay for it. Stan tells Hilda to stop bragging about the TV.
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- The scene on the Grape Street set was OB recorded.
- TV Times synopsis: Colour telly at the Ogden's and blues at the Bishop's.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,350,000 homes (1st place).
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Community Centre - Small hall
- Community Centre flat - Living room
Len Fairclough: “Mrs Sharples, you were never by any chance a member of the trade union were yer?”
Ena Sharples: “I never needed to be when I wanted to get anything.”
Ena Sharples: “There are times when you can get as far as you want in any given direction by just staying where you are already.”
|August 1971 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|