Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th August 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||4th August 1971|
|Next episode||11th August 1971|
Emily gets her bottom drawer ready. Ena demands five days notice for preparation of any social events at the Community Centre. Annie suggests that Ernie tries harder to find the ring. He tells her that it wasn't insured. Annie refuses to ask the Ogdens on Ernie's behalf if they have the ring. Ernie plucks up courage to ask them and they take great offence although Stan suggests that Ernie offers a reward. Emily and Ena reach an agreement over the centre. Hilda discovers the ring in Stan's trouser turn-up.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Although Bet Lynch and Hilda Ogden are supposed to be watching cricket on the Ogdens' new colour set, when the camera catches a quick view of the screen it shows the test card.
- TV Times synopsis: What a turn-up!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,600,000 homes (1st place).
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room, hallway and Emily Nugent’s room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Mark Brittain Warehouse - Office
- Community Centre
|August 1971 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|