Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th August 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||11th August 1971|
|Next episode||18th August 1971|
Alan and Janet Reid play up to each other. Janet agrees to move into Irma's flat whilst she's working at the shop. The men tease Len about his ex returning. Janet's ex-colleague Colin Harvey turns up after a job at the warehouse. She tells him Alan is looking for an assistant. Alf agrees to paint Maggie's ceiling for her. Maggie warns Alan off Janet. Elsie accuses Alan of having a thing with Maggie when he won't tell her what he and Maggie were talking about in the garage office. Alan phones Janet and tells her to play it cool.
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hall
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop and back room
- Canal Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Four men, one song - and inharmonious trio.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,650,000 homes (1st place).
|August 1971 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|