Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st September 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||30th August 1971|
|Next episode||6th September 1971|
Janet enjoys giving Colin the runaround. Emily tells Annie that she is jealous. Annie advises her to make Ernie cancel the trip as it's her job to keep him on the straight and narrow. Willie Piggott points out to Emily that he chose Ernie because he is moral. Colin can't understand why Janet is hot and cold. Alan is tired of Colin asking him for advice. Ken advises Janet to stop playing with Alan. Janet tells him to scram. Emily sees Ernie and the models off. Alan asks Janet to stop fooling around with Colin as he's too close to home. Maggie tells Janet that her sister, Helen Ormerod is coming to see her.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Willie Piggott - George A. Cooper
- Colin Harvey - Paul Moriarty
- Sheila Miller - Olive Lucius
- Karen Spencer - Julie Sinclair
- Last appearance of Ernest Bishop until 10th January 1972.
- On this day Border Television had launched their full-colour service and this was therefore the first episode to be seen in colour in that region.
- TV Times synopsis: Emily Nugent against E.E.C. - Ernest's Europe Companions.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,200,000 homes (5th place).
Annie Walker: "Where men are concerned a woman can't afford principles."
Willie Piggott: "I'm told these philanderers aren't as hot as they make out, it's these quiet, undemonstrative ones that really count."
Emily Nugent: “Who is it says that the philanderers aren't so hot? Probably the quiet, undemonstrative ones."
|September 1971 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|