|ITV transmission date||1st January 1962 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||27th December 1961|
|Next episode||3rd January 1962|
Elsie believes Dennis is innocent. He remembers that Ena was in the pub at the same time. Ena confirms Dennis didn't go near the till, and tells Annie so. Elsie tells Annie the Tanners are withdrawing their custom from the Rovers. Albert takes to his bed with flu and is nursed by Minnie. Annie discovers both Florrie and Len were on their own in the Rovers when the money went missing. Elsie shocks the Walkers by refusing to go to the Rovers when Linda phones her there from Canada.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie puts Dennis under heavy cross-examination and goes off in search of a surprise witness; Annie Walker learns part of the truth about the missing money; Elsie makes a resolution which leads her to make another sacrifice in Dennis's defence.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,952,000 homes (3rd place).
|January 1962 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st