Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th September 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||1st September 1971|
|Next episode||8th September 1971|
Dave Smith refuses to give Lucille a rise. Unknown to anyone, two thugs plan to nick the betting shop's takings when Lucille and a heavy called Norman go to the bank. Irma is convalescing in Llandudno. Hilda argues with Betty when Betty insinuates Irma is ashamed of her parents. Lucille goes to the bank on her own and is mugged of all the takings while walking down Back Marriot Street. She is taken to the Infirmary with bruises, shock and slight concussion. Dave is horrified that £435 was taken. Helen Ormerod tells the Ogdens that Janet didn't visit her.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- Ted Loftus - Ted Morris
- Colin Harvey - Paul Moriarty
- Helen Ormerod - Rita Howard
- George Ormerod - Stanley Page
- Johnny - Michael De Freyne
- P.C. 243 - Roy Maxwell
- Det. Insp. Bill Sharp - Derek Newark
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Dave Smith's betting shop - Shop and office
- Hospital room
- TV Times synopsis: A cat out of the bag!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,750,000 homes (4th place).
|September 1971 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|