Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th September 1971 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||8th September 1971|
|Next episode||15th September 1971|
Elsie gossips with an uncomfortable Alan about Janet’s men friends. Len warns Janet off Alan saying he’ll always choose Elsie over her. Janet thinks he’s after her again and accuses him of being jealous of Alan. Betty has asked Elsie for a dress from the Mark Brittain catalogue for an evening out with Cyril. Lucille goes for a job at the warehouse and gives Emily as a referee. Emily worries that she will let her down if she does give her a reference. Elsie wonders why Len looks so glum. Elsie promises to drop Betty’s dress in for her later on. Len has a go at Stan for taking an extended lunch. Betty tells Bet about Janet and Alan and Maggie also tells Alf. Emily tells Dave off for treating Lucille badly. Dave upsets Alf when he passes on the rumours he’s heard about him and Maggie. Emily tells Lucille she can't recommend her for a job because she shouldn't have taken the betting shop money on her own to the bank. Janet delivers the shop order to No. 11. Alan asks her to leave. Elsie forgets the dress for Betty again and in an argument Betty tells her Alan and Janet were together in Leeds. Elsie runs home and confronts Alan. He tells her Janet followed him to Leeds but nothing happened. Elsie is livid with Janet and storms into the Corner Shop. She demands Maggie produce her…
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Janet Reid - Judith Barker
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- Corner Shop flat - Living room/kitchen
- The edge of a studio camera comes briefly into the view in a scene in the Rovers between Dave Smith, Emily Nugent and Bet Lynch.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Elsie hears the rumours - and acts!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,450,000 homes (6th place).
|September 1971 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|