|ITV transmission date||29th September 1971 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Executive Producer||H.V. Kershaw|
|Previous episode||27th September 1971|
|Next episode||4th October 1971|
Dave Smith takes Minnie to Blackpool for her birthday. Ena warns him not to let her gamble. Lucille walks out of a job at the shop as Maggie doesn't pay enough. Annie is worried that she's too lazy to work. Hilda organises a tea party at No.13 to show off the new serving hatch but only Ena shows up. Minnie visits the bingo parlour, to Dave's embarrassment, and wins a tea set. Minnie and Dave paddle in the sea and see Ken with Peter, Susan, and a young woman - Yvonne Chappell.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Peter Barlow - Mark Duncan
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back rooms, front room (seen through the serving hatch)
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre flat
- Blackpool - Front, beach, bingo hall
- First appearance of Peter Barlow since 5th April 1971 and last until 15th October 1973, with the character being portrayed by Mark Duncan for this episode only. The role is taken over by Linus Roache in his next appearance.
- First appearance of Susan Barlow since 5th April 1971 and last until 15th October 1973.
- TV Times synopsis: Seven and one - seventy one! Minnie's Birthday Blackpool Bingo!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,900,000 homes (6th place).
|September 1971 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|