Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd January 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||1st January 1962|
|Next episode||8th January 1962|
Ena admires Elsie's stand. When Annie insinuates that Len is dishonest, he, Harry and Concepta walk out of the Rovers. Annie refuses to do business with Florrie. The regulars boycott the Rovers. A horrified Annie finds the £20 stuck at the back of the till drawer.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- TV Times synopsis: The call from Linda in Canada is still coming through at the Rover's Return. Back at the Vestry, Albert Tatlock recovers from 'flu but gets gossip from his visitors about the missing fivers. Annie has dark doubts, and suspicion starts travelling to other parts of the Street. Then the mystery is solved just after closing time
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,625,000 homes (1st place).
|January 1962 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st